Saturday, June 25, 2011

Per Request: Why I do it...

It has been brought to my attention that I do complain a lot here, (and sometimes elsewhere) and I guess I should explain myself a bit.

I started this blog to tell crazy tales that actually happen where I work. Sometimes these things hit me in a negative way and sometimes they are positive. I feel like I'm a lot like The Angry Stripper in that some of the things customers say and do just blow my mind. So I post them. My twitter is usually a lot of shit talking as well. Sometimes it's what a girl needs to get through the bs that comes with the job.

If there is so much bs (and there is) why do you do it?

Well, there are several reasons. One, while I am not happy with what I am earning it is usually more than I can make in an entry position that I would be hired for. I have my BA and still my possible income starting out is going to be low. I would have to struggle a lot in a job I didn't like sitting at a desk feeling like poop a majority of the time.

I have yet to decide what I want to be doing that would justify a desk job. In my current industry I pick my hours, pick how many days I want to work and have the potential to make decent cash in little time. Unfortunately that is not what is happening to me at this moment. I am picking my own schedule, I do get to enjoy the days, but I am not making nearly as much as I would like to (and believe me my bar is low for typical strippers).

So why do you do it?

The potential has me coming back for more. I feel like I'm working out my kinks (no pun intended) as a performer and personal entertainer (because seriously that's what we do, we personally entertain a custie and that is what makes us money). My stage show is getting better and better, I am learning more tricks, I am listening more than talking and I'm not going to lie, my lap dance is better than ever.
I am starting to really pay attention to what people want instead of trying to force what I want on them or expecting a grand before I even finish cleaning the pole. (always clean the pole btw)

I have a couple more venues to try, a little more work to do, a little more money to save and a couple more decisions to make.

Not to mention, while some custies are douche bags, there are a good few that are really fun to talk to and have great stories. I'm a people person, I love a good personal story.

I hope that helps anyone who I have confused.

Ask more questions!!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment