Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Alright! Time For Some Positivity

I've been absent from here for a bit. Yes I know, that's always the way with me isn't it. Just can't rely on my blog posts, I just keep you waiting.

Well, deal.

But I love you for reading. Believe me.

So, for a slight change of pace tonight I decided I'm going to write about some of the reasons I actually stick with this job. I've already decided for now, at the clubs I am at, this job is like an emotionally abusive relationship, but that's not very positive and so we'll forget the lows right now and just talk about the highs...

Perks/highs:
- drugs, copious amounts of drugs...
No, not seriously. I don't partake in drugs BUT many of the girls do, there is some logic behind the stereotypes though I do know quite a few women who manage to keep the drugs in the spare time and the work in the work time. To each there own right?

- the shoes
Literally, they are high. Like towering sometimes. I've never felt so tall. I try not to stand up next to tall customers after a dance without my shoes on. Just makes me feel short again. I use work time to pretend I'm larger than life, but not fatter than life... just longer.

- my ass
The aforementioned shoes make it lift a bit. It's not necessary... believe me, my ass looks just as decent if not pretty effin fan-tASS-tic (haha get it... yeah, that's a good one) when I'm in flats but whatevs. This is not a place for reality.

-my ego...
This one could go either way, but we'll talk about overall. While I may not make great money, (yet, I'm still holding out hope for this one club and it's potential...) I do realize daily that I'm really frickin pretty, my face is pretty symmetrical, again... my ass, dudes off all ages/races/etc comment on how "perfect" my body is, even better... Women tell me my body is rockin and or perfect (and they aren't trying to get me into bed... most of the time)
Also, other girls I work with sometimes gush about how they like my dancing style. Thank goodness. At the very least, even if I am not making money, I am looking the part of an experienced/talented dancer. I think my mind would explode if I was a shitty dancer.

- letting go of sexual norms
We talk about anything and everything in the dressing room. Some conversations guys would love to hear, other conversations would make guys want to cut their own dicks off or at the very least turn gay. We're just as bad as a dude's locker room... you can't get more gnarly than some of the conversations I've taken part in.
There are so many reasons why this is great...
I'm stoked to be a part of a group of women that is open with each other about their bodies. I come from a group of friends, or several groups of friends that just didn't talk about sex in depth or any body functions. Yes some of the conversations might have been embarrassing to start or be a part of in high school or even beginning years of college but it would probably have made me feel less self conscious about a lot of things, mostly concerning sexual interactions with males.
The super fun part... getting to experience/watch/enjoy other women. Most males are totally okay with female on female action... as long as they are involved or allowed to watch. Fine. But I'm not making out with a girl at a party in front of a keg just so frat boys will cheer. That might make me hurl.
What I will do is give your girlfriend a lap dance and not touch you at all. I'll let you watch, but all of my attention will be on her. Boobs are fun, women are fun... especially when they are open to other women.
This is a thing that not all of the girls I work with consider a perk. There are a few SUPER STRAIGHT women that I work with and it blows my mind. Great girls, not homophobic, just not interested.
I'm the other side, Oh a girl wants a lapdance? SHIT YEAH!

- more perks? my boobs
Before this job, well, before getting my nipples pierced I was VERY self conscious about my small boobs. I didn't think they had a nice shape, I felt very teen at best looking. Then I started showing them to people, first so they could put a needle through each point and then later for money. My boobs almost get as much positive attention as my ass. Good job ladies. Don't worry, unless you get sloppy after babies, I won't try to make you bigger.

- last perk... the scheduling
I had a real job before I started doing this for months on end. I was decent at it (just don't ask my dad for a reference...) and I could have gone more places with it. But there were a lot of little things I did not like. At least not for this point in my life.
I hated being almost physically chained to a desk. I felt like a needed a really good reason to get up any time I did. Sorry, I like moving around.
I also hated feeling like I had to stay in the building. Why can't I take my laptop down to Starbucks and get some research done for an hour? Why do you need me at the office every second? Call me when you need me please. Otherwise, I'm going to do some other things.
Waking up early was another complaint of mine. I'm generally not a morning person unless I am staying up for it. What people call super late I call early to bed. Maybe it's several years of practice, but I'm usually not ready to be really friendly and outgoing until after noon... at least. At night? Oh man I'll be a social butterfly (most of the time if I haven't been running around all day like today).
This job lets me pick my schedule. At most clubs, if I want to cancel I can... sometimes there will be a fee. (this will not be true for my dream club but that's a price you pay for the best tips in the city)


Aaaaaaand I'm spent. That was a lot of positivity for me in one sitting.

Next post I'll probably be back to my old ways.

Enjoy this while you can. Reread it if you want.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment